Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Under the Boardwalk....

I just got home from dinner with my family and after unwinding for a bit with Jeff I decide to grab a bottle of water and head to bed. I look over to my left, as I stand there in the kitchen alone, and I see a bucket of Carmel corn from Johnson's in Ocean City.  It's paractiaclly empty, and two months old, but I decide to open it up and take a handful.
It was instantaneous; the smell took me back. I felt the sun on my face, I smelled the salt water air that would drive my senses wild. I Inhaled the smell deeply and before I knew it, I was reliving the summer; and not just any summer, it was a defining time in my life.
This summer was inspiring to say the least, probably though hopeful would be a better choice of words.  Still, no matter what adjective you could come up with, words could not describe the adventures, experiences, and emotions I experienced.
You have to imagine working everyday, doing something you will never be good at yet constantly try to be the best. then, one day, after you are just about to give in... It all changes.  Instantly, slowly, spontaniously....all at the same time...it changes.
I've grown so much as a man that it's made me a better person.  I finally see something more than what's not there....I can see what could be there, if I just keep pushing. This year, this summer, it's been life defining and with the ending of the summer and the beginning of fall, its time to embrace the change that is awaiting
I eat the popcorn, I write the blog, I go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment