Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

It's a New Year Charlie Brown

It's the begining of the new year and honestly I'm tired of trying to kick the football and always missing! This year is going to be different! I will find the Great Pumpkin! I will get that valentine! I will win the race! I WILL kick that damn football once and for all! I've accepted my wrong doings and mistakes...my failures and successes....and I've made peace with the the losses my family has suffered.
I've realized that by doing this I've actually opened the door to the next stage of my life. I've begun to write a story that actually has a happy ending. And for those of you that don't believe in happy endings, believe me...they exist! Of course we have to realize that this ending is only happy because we make it so.
So, when I walk down to the river tonight, to throw the crumbs from my pocket into the water, I will say goodbye to that which has held me back and watch as it make it's own journey into oblivion. I'll think of my Uncles and Aunt who are no longer with us, my brothers whom I love with every part of my being, my parents who have given more than I could ever speak of (and their partners) my Buppie, my cousins and aunts that constantly fill my life with laughter, my friends who support me and my partner Jeff who gives me everything and anything I could ever ask for. ( I mustn't forget about Sam and Max, my cats.  Words cannot describe, and any pet owner out there understands this) I'll think of all of these people, and animals, that are a part of my life and I'll pray that each and every one of them, some day,  kicks that football.
l'shana tova

No comments:

Post a Comment