Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Really Dunkin' Donuts...Really?

OK, before I start on how much I'm loving being back in school, and how much I still suck at Biology, I'd like to rant about Dunkin Doughnuts!
Picture it, September 4, 2014.  I just finished the gym, (as part of my New Format; check out the blog entry from a few days ago), and I was ready for my Venti Iced Carmel Macchiato with an extra shot, yes, that is a total of 4 shots of espresso...what can I say; I love me some coffee.  Anyway, I arrive at my local Starbucks and there was a line in both the drive through as well as inside. Obviously I'd missed the memo about the free scones, because that must by why MY Starbucks was that busy.  Having to make a rash decision due to time and my growing need for my coffee, I decided to go to Dunkin' Donuts.
Two things were great about walking in (and that was all); there was no line, and they are now carrying PUMPKIN!!!!  As you will soon find out, I am insane over pumpkin anything, the fall season, Halloween, all things horror, the color of the leaves as they change, the smell of the air that only October and November bring with them...I could go on.  So, I'm excited needless to say.  I order and they don't understand me.  I say no sugar and they question me.  I say a shot of espresso and they look at me as if I've just spoke in a language that had died millions of years ago...I mean isn't espresso a staple of coffee making around the world?
They make it. A lady that is still ordering tries to take my coffee...Nope! I take my coffee and search for a straw that will match the over sized cup that I ordered in order to subside the coffee demon in me. There were no such straws, anywhere.  Only straws that a small child may use in his/her make believe kitchen given to them as a holiday or birthday gift.  OK, fine, I use it.  Of course it hardly mixes the thick goo they call pumpkin flavor that has now fallen to the bottom of my cup.  I drink it anyway...it's horrible.
"America runs on Dunkin'", that's their gimmick...right?  Well let me tell you, there was a time where I Needed my Dunkin', well now I'm not so sure.  Actually I am sure, I'd like to dunk my coffee in the river.  Next time I'll wait in line at Starbucks...It's now a Starbucks Nation...

No comments:

Post a Comment