Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Evil Dead + Roadtrip = Me

It's 11:25pm: I'm on my way to Chicago, laying in the back of my brothers 2006 Mazda 3 Hatchback and I'm 6'3. This Roadtrip is going to be a blast.  But wait, I've got The Evil Dead (it's the remake but it's the only one I could put on my school  loaned iPad mini.)
Joshua and his girlfriend sit quietly up front listening to a radio going in and out of tune.  When it comes in clearly I can tell it's KC and the Sunshine Band singing "That's The Way (I like  It) .  I decide now is the perfect time to sit back, write to you and then watch Evil Dead.
I've loved the movie since I was a kid! The first time I watched it was in Georgia .  My grandparents, along with some aunt and uncles all lived on a lake in Putnam, Georgia.  It was amazing...red mud....a  large, placid lake (much like Lake Placid), and a stretch of land that housed a lot I my fathers family.  Anyway, my mother, father, and two brothers  would drive  down to Georgia, on our way to Florida (to  visit more family), and visit withy grandparents.  Well one visit , my grandmother took us to a video store and , once again, (read my. Blog entry  "My First Time)  I demanded  to rent The Evil Dead.  Needless to say, I watched, got scared withy kid brothers, because we were in the middle of the woods by a lake, and had a blast.
So what better way to start off this trip other than watching The Evil Dead; in the back of a car, in the middle of the night, on a dark and deserted road.

No comments:

Post a Comment