Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Little Earthquakes and a Pumpkin Spiced Latte

If you were alive in the 90's, and open to a unique sound of music you've heard of Tori Amos.  If you're alive at this moment right now you've heard of Pumpkin Spiced Lattes; put the two together and you could start your own religion.
Never mind if you've never heard of Tori or the Latte.  If you want to know how it feels to be relaxed, enlightened, and warm all over simply grab an artist that speaks to you, grab your favorite warm beverage, sit back and hit play.  
For me,  as I prepare myself for a presentation, and the handing in of two papers, I'm taking a moment to listen to Little Earthquakes; the debut album of one of my favorite singer/songwriters, of whom I've NEVER seen in concert. So Tori, if you're reading this come sing to me!. I've heard that watching her live, playing two pianos at the same time is a religious experience. (I've just spilled the late on my white shirt I got so excited...I'm not home)
Usually I'd run home quickly and change my shirt, but honestly, I don't care...coffee spills.
As I sit her in the computer lab, relaxing, clearing my mind, getting ready for the school day ahead, with a coffee stained baseball t, I contemplate.  What it is that I'm contemplating is a bit chaotic, ironically enough since I'm so relaxed. I think about the future of the pumpkin spice...will it advance to an e-cigarette flavor for fall?  Will music ever have the same effect on me that it did when I was 14, other than the music I used to listen to when I was 14?  Will this stain come out of my shirt? Will they ever make an AbFab movie (another 90's reference).
Chaotic and scrambled as it may seem, my mind drifts and I enjoy it.  For a moment it takes me out of the computer lab, off campus, and far away from that damn stain on my shirt.  I smile. 
So, as Tori sings of precious things, the cold of winter, and little earthquakes that may rip us into pieces I wait, silent, for class to start so I may raise my hand for the assignment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment