Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Best Intern Ever

For most, starting a new job or an internship, which are one in the same, can be scary and most often intimidating. However, no matter what emotions you may be experiencing it is important to understand that you were chosen for a reason and being the best at what you are doing is very important. Sometimes I say to myself that I am the best and there is nothing that can stand in my way from being the best.  However, I do that for self motivation; to continuously remind myself that it is important to aim for the highest of goals. 

Over the past few months I have had the pleasure of learning a great deal about being an intern, specifically an intern at FANGORIA Magazine.  I’ve come to realize that patience is very important and with patience comes the power of self control and self discovery.  Also, I’ve learned that asking questions can be the difference between standing out in the crowd and simply fading into the background.  Yet, as easy as that may seem to do, for me it was not.  

At first I thought if I were to ask a question or too many questions, I would seem unknowledgeable on the particular subject at hand. Even worse, I feared I would become that annoying intern no one wants to work with. Now, through the guidance of teachers, co-workers, and my editor I understand that asking questions is not only important but necessary to successfully accomplishing the many tasks of which I am assigned.

Though it may seem crazy, I have yet to actually step foot in the office. Right now it is very important that I make a good impression through my ability to stay connected and up-to-date on what is happening at the magazine as well as submitting publishable work.  With that said, I have not had a chance to personally meet any of my co-workers which is also very important during the internship processes.  Within the next few weeks I will be beginning my weekly visits to the office and I am extremely excited to do so. I look forward to meeting all of my co-workers in person as well as even joining in on social events outside of the office.  

There are exciting times ahead and as long as I stay focused on being the best intern I can possibly be I know that I will succeed.  Furthermore, I will do all that I can to uphold the reputation of FANGORIA, be it asking questions, taking on more responsibilities, or constantly showing my dedication to the company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment